Note from the Author: August 2014
DOTM is going under some changes. Lame I know. It's barely off the ground and it's changing its flight pattern.
So what's changing? The long anwer is on the DOTM facebook page, but the short answer is i'm going to make an illustrated script book series instead of a full fledged comic because it'll be more managable for me, especially in the long run. I can also use it as a pitch book down the line to give to studios/ production companies.
The scripts will be like reading a film script (minus camera movements and other distracting technical and director notes) because I come from a film background and DOTM was always meant for a film or tv medium, but I don't have the means or connections right now to make that happen. The pages will be litered with artwork such as character and creature designs, enivronment and set designs, and storyboards.
I'm set for an AUGUST 2015 date of release for episodes 1 and 2 to be available online and at conventions (Convention Line Up 2015) in a hardcopy book or pdf for kindles etc.
Follow DOTM social media sites or my personal art ones (either one will have updates for DOTM).
Check out the synopsis (below) in the meantime...and what the hell, I'll put some of the art up here as well. :)
Updates from the Author: June 2015
Alright DotM-ers! Here's some bullets of updates as the deadline draws nearer!
• I have a Patreon page. It's to help fund me personally to give me time to work on this. You can click on the link on the top of the page to become a Patreon and get sneak peaks of art, writing, etc as I work on it. I plan to keep this going throughout the series.
• I'm still working on it...obviously. I post something every week on my Patreon. I have most of the art done, and the writing is still a process as ever. I feel since some people are paying to see updates and I don't have that much time to work on it, the updates are on there only.
• I plan to realease the end of August. The actual date will be figured out as I get closer, but in the 28th-31st range. If I can't get things printed by then, at least the ebook will be released.
• If all goes well, I will have DotM's first episode book at Wizard World San Jose!
• I work part-time (almost full time recently due to co-workers leaving etc) and have commissions. So I'm trying my best to get this to you on time, I swear. Some times, I just am too tired to work on it, or there's not enough hours in the day. I'm still looking for other jobs too, but you know, life stuff. But besides that, I'm still excited, and it's a painful treat to work on DotM.
* Writing is hard. It's definitly a process. I hope you guys like it because, like I said...damn it's hard! I might not be able to do both Episode 1 and 2 for the first book, which sucks, I would really like to put two epsiode per book to give it more fluff. Maybe the first few printings will just be episode 1, and when things get rolling more, the books will be more. Fingers crossed!
I look forward to sharing the first epsiode soon!
© Nicole Ales
"Destiny of the Marked"
Book Cover Temp Design
© Nicole Ales
"Destiny of the Marked"
Script Sample DotM, SSN1, Ep 1
© Nicole Ales
Updates from the Author: July 2015
Alright Mark-ies! (How is that nickname?),
Just a short update as my deadline to have everything done for print is soon! Like really soon! GAAAAH!!
I am currently working on episode 2! Yes! For a while there, I thought I wouldn't be able to do have episode 2 in there, but I'm already to Act 3 today (the 16th of July), and I have notes from the first reviewer of the project on episode 1!
Episode 1 and 2 are technically a two part episode called "The Marked, Part 1 & 2).
Like I might have mentioned before, the ebook will definitly be available by the release date August 31st! However, If things get a little crazy (like being asleep on anti-histamines for two days cause of a bee sting...yeah super fun), and I can't quite get it all put together with enough time for printers, then the physical copies won't be available until a little later. I would really like to have them ready for September 4-6 for San Jose Wizard World Comic Con, but that is very close to my actual deadline, so that isn't much room for delay.
However, APE is a month later (also in San Jose this year) so if DotM misses Wizard World, APE will be the first Convention Debute! Also for those who follow me, I will be at CTNx (Burbank, CA) this year with a table and so will DotM! It was my goal at last year's CTN to have the physical book in my hand at CTN 2015. I'm so happy i'm almost there!
Oh last thing, I promise! If you want to help the series or see some process and art etc, go fund me on Patreon! Link button is above next to the site title!
Back to work now!
-Also I'm playing with the idea of hosting a "Book launch" party in my home town. I work part-time at a starbucks right now, so I'll be talking to my manager to see if stabucks still does book launch parties/signing, what it'll cost and all that jazz. More info soon!
Updates from the Author: September 2015
EPISODE 1 IS DONE! On Amazon, you can get it on print and eBook! On Esty, you can buy a SIGNED COPY! Links are all above in the header!
Thanks everyone on Patreon for helping to make this long, long pursuit of creating Destiny of the Marked, finally kick off and complete episode 1! Now I just have 11 more episodes...for season 1 (then I'll have to take a re-look at where I'm at in life and sales etc, unfortunatly).
I'll be on hiatus for most of September, doing convention stuff, freelance, sleeping and marketing bumps for Episode 1.
I'm excited to finally have it done, but now the real journey is to get people to read and buy! Sigh, I wish I had money to have someone do all of it for me.
Be back to working on Episode 2 soon! It'll be releasing probably Spring 2016. That's what I have scheduled anyways...
See you soon!